Thursday, June 14, 2012

That ChipIn thing-Help me with autreat

Some of you may have noticed that there is a ChipIn widget on the sidebar, asking for help sending me to Autreat.

The dealieO is this: TPGA paid my transit, I paid my registration, it was spendier than anyone anticipated, & it kind of financially hurt everyone a bit (more than a bit). But it was very much a "now or never" situation, so worst case I'm very economical about food for the next forever & sloooowly pay TPGA/myself back out of teeny widdle SSI checks/tutoring/etc. TPGA is not requiring me to pay them back, but the travel costs were expensive like woah & I'd like to be able to do so.

The lovely Amy Sequenzia, a non speaking Autistic poet & self advocate, has graciously offered (I cried, not gunna lie) to send one of her poetry books to donors of $20 or more. She offered 30 of these books. Because she is an awesome human being. And yet another example of why I love my Autistic community.

6 comments:

Alyssa said...

I make bookmarks from the 4-leaf clovers I find. I can toss some of those in too, if you want. Since I'm broke, but I'd like to provide some incentive to people who are less broke.

Alyssa said...

like, for smaller donations and for after the books run out.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sullivan said...

I'm glad you are going. Would you mind if I posted a short post about this?

Neurodivergent K said...

@Sullivan I would not.
(now that it's been like 3 days since I don't check comments often). I'd greatly appreciate it.